I divulged in my e-book Skinny on Slim, The Little Black Dress of Diet Books details to help you “follow the loser”, successful weight losers, that is. Some years back my good friend and colleague Cara and I conducted a study to delve into juicy details from successful weight losers.
If you find this time of year particularly difficult to stay on track give these a read. You might hit on something new and meaningful for you. Here are some highlights on what our study participants the Slimtownites told us about how they keep on track over the holidays:
- I’ll exercise more or try to make the healthiest choice available while still allowing myself to enjoy foods I enjoy.
- Behave as you do on regular days. Plan ahead and have some of the things you love but don’t overindulge.
- Lose the all or nothing mentality that comes with holiday “amnesia”.
- I try to make up for my extra food consumption with increased activity, and try to stick to good food choices.
- Exercise first thing in the morning every day. Maintain food limits 80% of the time and enjoy drinks or desserts 20% of the time.
- More likely to exercise daily during holidays with some days off smattered around.
- It works out better when I have time to plan; excess work demands lead to problems!
- Balance what you eat. My tip…..eat before you go to those meals…your appetite is less so you have less tendancy to over eat.
- Track drinking a minimum of six glasses of water/day helps.
- Stop calling it a diet.
- Make sure your outfit is fitted and avoid elasticized waist bands…
Well, you’ve officially been told! Find out more details throughout my e-book Skinny on Slim, The Little Black Dress of Diet Books